01 October 2009

The Lincoln Prize

The Lincoln Prize at Gettysburg College is awarded annually for the finest scholarly work in English on Abraham Lincoln, the American Civil War soldier, or a subject relating to that era. The Prize generally goes to a book, but in some instances can be awarded to an important article or essay. The Prize is intended chiefly to encourage outstanding new scholarship. Team of Rivals won the Lincoln Prize in 2006. The 2009 Lincoln Prize Winners are:

First Place: James McPherson, Tried by War: Abraham Lincoln as Commander in Chief and Craig Symonds,
Lincoln and His Admirals: Abraham Lincoln, the U.S. Navy, and the Civil War

Honorable Mention: Jacqueline Jones, Saving Savannah: The City and the Civil War; Fred Kaplan, Lincoln: The Biography of a Writer; and William Lee Miller, President Lincoln: The Duty of a Statesman.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Colorado! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you present here and can't wait to
    take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Anyhow, amazing site!

    Also visit my blog post: bmi index chart

    ReplyDelete